Thursday, August 21, 2008

Berjaya Vacation Club


My family been a member of Berjaya Vacation Club(BVC) since 2000. BVC is using time sharing concept. Timeshare is a piece of property where it's ownership is shared by a number of people. Back then membership for executive is only RM10k(payback), now it increases to RM30k(non-payback). Here are some of the features of BVC executive membership.
(Photo from BVC website)
1) 7 free nights(BVC home base hotel only) every year for the next 33 years.
2) Accumulate the unused entitlement to the following years.
3) Get discounted rate for affiliate hotels.
4) Assign the entitlement to your Guest.
5) Annual maintenance fee : RM275
6) Discounted price for F&B at their outlet
I always been happy with BVC. I even got my free night at London. Until recently, I find it's very hard to reserve their hotel. I think i been rejected around 5-6 times this year for all my bookings. Only 1 reason, fully booked. I have to admit some is my mistake for submitting it late( 2 weeks before travel date), but some of it I submit earlier yet still being rejected. The one really pissed me off is my recent booking to Duxton, Singapore for my guest. Surprisingly, Duxton is not their home hotel even though it carries the name Berjaya Hotel. I submitted the booking on very early Aug, either 1st or 2nd. My first booking is 5-6th sept, second booking is 5th-7th sept. After 2 weeks, I called to check on the status, they told me for the second booking already rejected and they mailed to me. I wonder where did the mail went as I didnt receive any email from BVC. Then 1st booking, they told me still processing.
On 18th Aug, I called again, they told me still processing. 19th, called again, still processing, but they promise will get back to me. They even got my hp no. No reply on 19th. 20th I called again, promised to give me answer by evening. When i didn't hear from them at around 5.45pm, I called again, they told me will give confirmation on the next morning. Fine, I called in this morning, 21th, guess what, rejected.
I guess my request(1 month notice) may not have sufficient time for them to do the booking. Why can't they tell me earlier the booking is rejected. Now my guest has only 2 weeks to make another arrangement for hotel booking. It's his big day(Wedding day) and the room is for his guest. You know how frustrated it can be especially during your big day.
What's the point I get the 7 free nights but most of the time i can't fully utilize them? BVC should improve their service!!!

No comments: