Monday, June 30, 2008

How to lose weight in a healthy way

The following post is base on my real story . It is for guideline and to help those who wants to lose weight healthly

I was fat throughout my elementary and high school due to my diet. During my elementary school, i ate 5 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch, tea break, dinner and supper. My heaviest weight was 65kg when I was in US. My supper while I was in US can be really heavy like pork chop or steak. I enjoy eating all the time.

I didn't realized I was so big size till I came back Malaysia after my graduation. I can't fit in most of the sizes here. It's really frustrated to see those dress that you really like but couldn't fit in at all. Eventhough I manage to fit in but it's showing too much fleshes. Then it was the time that it hit me badly that i need to cut down my weight.

Back then, I tried slimming tea, chitosan....you name it. None of it work for me. Then I decide to slim down by using the cheapest method, exercise and diet.

I went swimming 2-3 times a week. Each time I will swim around 1 hour. I never skip any meals, but i will make sure that my meal portion is half than what I used to eat. The hardest part is the meal part as I always been a food lover. If I were being my old self, I can eat like a horse when comes to food that I like. Now I have to control myself only take a small portion. Initially, I always feel hungry. Then when i feel hungry, I will make myself a hot drink to drink.
Then one month later, it all pay off. I really saw the results. I lost 3 kg in the first month. Then second month, another 2 kg. The process start to slow down as time goes but I still maintain the same method. 2 years later, I was 52 kg and maintain it till my first pregnancy.

In short, it takes a lot of self-discipline and determination to lose weight with 0 cost. Once you see the result with your own eyes, you will start to believe in it and work harder for your goal. After a while, your appetide will get smaller and even eating smaller portion will satisfy you. I still can enjoy food I love and maintain the body weight.

Nothing is impossible. If I can do it, you can do it too.

No comments: